National

Congo virus claims another life in Karachi, death toll climbs to 11

Photo: Reuters

Congo virus claimed another life in Karachi on Sunday as a 29-year-old man died at Jinnah hospital.

The deceased has been identified as Pir Buksh. He had a high fever when he was brought to the hospital, said executive director Dr Seemin Jamali.

This is the 11th Congo virus-related death this year.

Also read: Everything you need to know about the Congo virus

She said that two people with the Congo virus are currently being treated. One patient is a teenager, while the other one has been identified as 45-year-old Ahmed Shah from Thatta.

Seventeen Congo virus patients have been admitted so far, Dr Jamali added.

 

 

Related posts

Yuvraj Singh’s wife acted in three Harry Porter movies

Bushra Ansari

Saudi Arabia to make big investment in CPEC projects

Bushra Ansari

Ways to lose a Nobel Prize

Bushra Ansari

Leave a Comment